When you think about selling your home, you know that eventually an inspection is going to happen, and your home needs to pass the test. It can bring on some anxiety when you think about someone going through your home with a fine toothed comb as they look for problems that need to be fixed. To help alleviate some of this anxiety, many sellers choose to do a pre-listing inspection to help qualm these fears. JMark Inspections is here to talk about pre-listing inspections and why you may want to consider having one done before putting your home on the market.
Why is it Important for You to have a Home Inspected Before Selling?
When many people think about selling their home, there are a lot of emotions involved in the process. You have perhaps spent a great deal of your life in this home, and most people feel a connection to their home whether that connection is good or bad. Here are some of the reasons it makes sense to have a pre-listing inspection performed on your home.
– Having a non-biased third party look at your home can give you a perspective that you wouldn’t be able to get on your own because of your feelings about the home.
– You can see any immediate safety problems that are present before any agents and their buyers walk through your home.
– If you have problems like termite infestation or radon issues, you can be made aware of them so you can fix them before listing.
– You can make any necessary repairs before you list your home, so they don’t get in the way of selling the home.
– You will be able to realistically list your home at a price that makes sense.
– This will give you time to get ahold of contractors to make repairs if any are needed.
– It can get rid of any suspicions that may be there for potential buyers.
– This can help a buyer waive any contingency that they may want with a buyer’s home inspection later.
– You aren’t going to be held liable later when you have documentation of your pre-listing inspection for all parties to see.
Is a Pre-Listing Home Inspection Worth the Investment?
You have to go into a pre-listing inspection knowing that it is an investment. Many sellers find that it is well worth the peace of mind that comes with a pre-listing home inspection. Sometimes, it can end up helping you save money because you aren’t working a timeline for contracting any work out.
Home & Commercial Property Inspections in Pasadena, Pearland, League City, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, Conroe, Friendswood & Greater Houston, Texas
If you are getting ready to sell your home, it is a good idea to have the experts at JMark Inspections perform a pre-listing inspection to help ensure your home is in great condition and ready to be placed on the market. Our inspectors are thorough and will provide you with a detailed report of any findings we may have. Call us today!